Today marks 90 days of being by myself.. a first for me. Sure I have been by myself before but there always was a fallback.. someone to call when I got into trouble or a kitchen to head to when I was hungry.. between, work, family and friends I well cushioned. However this is truly only me. And Yes I have gone for days hungry coz I did not like the fact food needs to be made.
New city, no 3 AM friends, closest family a thousand miles away. But its been wonderful. I have done things I would not have done and never knew that one has to do.
- Opened a Can of Food (whoever thought one can figure it out easily! Thank you Youtube) and realized that I have never opened a bottle of wine
- Met someone from a country which I have never heard of before.
- Made conversations with strangers at public places
- Made friends with these strangers
- Went out for an evening with myself & asked for a table for 1
- Asked and accepted help
- Met some amazing people who have only made me better
- Met real life heros who have inspired me to be better
- Had coffee with authors and yes a few authors (Star stuck too!!)
- Danced like no one is watching
The firsts in the last 90 days have been a lot and its the fairy dust I needed to get better. Its the best roller coaster I have been on. Hoping for better things in the next 18 months.